Should we continue developing cloning technology?
If Yes Then
- Cloning can be used to cure currently incurable diseases.
2. Scientists believe they can clone cells to make it easier for wheelchair users to walk.
3. It could solve fertility problems. Many couples cannot have a biological child for some reason, using their own genes to create a child.
4. Reproductive cloning could be used to bring back our loved ones who have died.
5. It could be used to clone endangered species and restore ecological balance.
6. Scientists could clone cattle to end world hunger.
7. Amazing people like Einstein could be cloned.
8. Cloning body parts can become a lifesaver. An organ such as the kidney or heart does not perform its normal functions, it can be replaced with a cloned organ substitute.
If No Then
1. Human cloning is “playing God.” Humans should not duplicate individuals for study or medical advancement only.
2.Only a small percentage of cloned embryos survive.
3.Clones can age very quickly.
4.Cloning confuses family relationships.
5. Dangerous people like Hitler could be cloned.
6. Because of cloning, dictators and many other malicious people may never die.
7. Whenever you deal with genes there is always a risk of mutations occurring. This can lead to death and extreme abnormalities.
8. By bringing in a whole new group of people about whom we know very little and whom we have not yet done research, could bring many new diseases into humanity for which we have no treatment.