Should learning English as an international language be encouraged?
If Yes Then
- English is the official language of more than sixty countries .
2. Learning English leads to more career and educational opportunities .
3. English is widely used around the world. It is actually becoming a global second language .
4. English is the dominant language of technology, science, and international business …
5. Most textbooks and magazines are published in English.
6. The ability to speak English is a necessary skill in the modern world .
7. When children are exposed to English, they are exposed to a different culture that could give them a new perspective on life.
If No Then
1. Twice as many people speak Chinese as English. Why not learn Chinese?
2. Hindi and Urdu will be spoken more than English by 2050 .
3. By 2050 there will be an equal number of Spanish, Arabic and English speakers .
4. English is a difficult language to learn .
5. Some languages are disappearing because English is spoken instead // When one language dominates, other languages disappear.
6. Using translation devices is easier then learning English .
7. The dominant language brings its own culture .